Life can be busy, managing the day to day run of the family, keeping up with other commitments, such as; work, study, medical appointments, extracurricular activities for children, as well as trying to have a social life.
It can be common for parents and caregivers, to feel overwhelmed and exhausted and often end up neglecting their own self-care along the way.
Here are some quick tips, to help recharge your batteries, when you have limited time and resources available.
- Pause for a moment, take a deep breath in, then a slow long breath out. It helps!
- Repeat a mantra to yourself such as;
- 'I - can - be - calm'
- 'I - can - be - strong'
- 'I - can - be - kind'
- Write down a list of 'things to do today,' then prioritise it! Ask yourself...do I really need to achieve ALL of these today? Is there something for ME on this list?
- Ask for help and accept help and support from others, when its offered.
- Be kind to yourself, remember no one is perfect.